Microsoft warns of risks posed by staff’s poor security habits
Microsoft Ireland has warned that poor security habits within large Irish public sector and commercial organisations will lead to critical data and intellectual property loss. Following the publication of research across 700 employees working in large Irish organisations employing more than 100 staff across both the public and private sector, Microsoft has identified potentially dangerous employee habits which, if not addressed, could risk major data loss or theft over the coming year with severe legal and reputational consequences.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.