Managing cloud complexity
Its early promise of simplicity has been undermined by the complexity that comes with managing hybrid services
Eight years ago, when cloud first appeared on the radar of businesses, the big pitch was about simplicity and replacing on-premise client/server infrastructure with a new agility. The downside was concerns around security, the notion that entrusting company data to a third-party provider was almost too risky to consider.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive