Keeping up with the cloud
Data is travelling to new frontiers, but the old rules apply, writes Róisín Kiberd
It’s out of your hands. Or is it? Cloud security is a confusing and contentious issue; if you’re trusting your data to a third party, are they responsible for keeping it safe? And if not, what’s the right approach to protecting it? Infrastructure configuration, permissions, identity management and compliance all pose their own challenges, not to mention employee behaviour, where the same rules apply: don’t ever write down an ID and password and leave them lying around, don’t ever copy them into an email, and always, always watch out for suspicious emails..
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.