Jane Ruffino: It is important for children to learn how to use technology
But first, technology itself needs to learn a thing or two...
Every year around this time, there’s another spate of articles, often op-eds by industry people whose interests are hardly neutral, about the lack of technology skills among young Irish people. Of course, educational improvement is a political, social and economic issue more than it is a technological one – let alone one we should allow to be driven by industry needs.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.