Jane Ruffino: Brexit could force Britain to look at its data transfer rules
Leave vote could create a cocktail of conditions that spell danger for business
Just after the announcement that Britain was leaving the European Union, online retail site Asos.com crashed and stayed down for nearly 24 hours. The British fashion retailer lets you shop in the currency of your choice. Because I’m a terrible vulture, I thought what millions of people probably also thought: “Ooh, the pound has crashed – I should go buy all my saved items in pounds.” Asos said its outage was nothing to do with Brexit, but I’m not sure I believe it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.