John Fitzpatrick: We must continue to build a more accessible computing future
The increasing presence of voice-enabled devices speaks for itself
This year has been one in which people have been getting used to the growing ubiquity of voice-enabled devices such as Amazon Echo or the yet-to-be-released-in-Ireland Google Home. Apple has also announced its entry to the market with the premium-priced Apple Homepod. These products, as well as the increasing sophistication of Siri, Cortana and Google Assistant, show that voice-enabled devices are not going away.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive