Going mobile without the risks
Mobilising the workforce is becoming a lot easier because of new technologies, but challenges remain
Despite the ubiquity of smartphones and people’s seemingly insatiable appetite for all things mobile, businesses are still struggling to find the best way to empower employees with anytime, anywhere access to corporate applications and services. Strategies are surprisingly unclear. A Gartner survey last November concluded “that mobile device adoption in the workplace is not yet mature”. Desktops, not even laptops, are still the most popular corporate device among businesses.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive