Get your nerd on for Pi Day
The day just happens to also be the birthday of Albert Einstein
The nerdiest, if not geekiest, celebration of all is today. March 14 is Pi Day, due to it being 3/14 in the US date format. With the extremely rough approximation of pi being 3.14, it makes sense. Unlike other nerdy days, like May 4 (May the fourth be with you), this one even has support from the US House of Representatives. There’s also a Pi Approximation Day using our format on 22 July, but this one has picked up a lot more traction globally.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive