Firms being held to actual ransom by a new wave of cyber criminals
Ransomware attacks - when a company’s data is encrypted and they are blackmailed for the key - is now a $1 trillion industry, and attacks are on the rise, writes Emmet Ryan
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.