Data at rest, or data at risk?
Róisín Kiberd looks at the recent developments in, and the latest threats to, cloud security
Cloud has gradually, dramatically taken over computing — experts predict that, by 2020, the market for cloud will be worth $411 billion. Aside from boosting mobile work and collaboration, and ensuring that files are never more than a click away, the hope is that the current wave of cloud computing will lay the foundations for further change, including the rise of IoT, machine learning and AI-as-a-service in the near future.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive