When it comes to streamed music, only the famous few get paid and everyone else loses out
The financial side of the streaming story exemplifies that the problem hasn’t changed for artists
I ’m sad about something called Ghost Tunes, which was a download service founded by Garth Brooks. I only found out about it today, and the next thing I learned was that it shut down a month ago, and was absorbed by Amazon, which bought it last October.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.