Cloud Computing: The current reality and the future is hybrid cloud
Leslie Faughnan examines a changing environment for Irish businesses in the cloud
The traditional Irish SME with up to perhaps 200 users or even more is by and large a savvy user of ICT, said John Casey, director of Trilogy Technologies. “One visible characteristic is that, in our experience, very few of them are using any form of public cloud for compute or storage. The de facto footprint of our SMEs today are almost exclusively private cloud, on premise or hosted in a data centre.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.