This little gadget could easily pay for itself many times over by protecting you from fraudulent or malicious motor insurance claims. A British study found crash-for-cash scams, where criminals deliberately cause minor road traffic accidents in order to claim from victims’ insurance policies, are at a record level this year. A video record of what happened can be used to confirm your innocence. It can also help clarify who was at fault in the event of a genuine accident, or simply be used while touring or on holiday to record a particularly spectacular or scenic drive. Wide-angle, high-definition recording ensures details such as number plates and road signs can always be picked out clearly.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive