Algorithms: it takes humans to get to the truth behind the numbers
Facebook wants to cut down on clickbait; it should try humans
Late last month, Facebook fired the team of New York-based journalists who curated the trending news topics you see in your feed. Such machine-learning algorithms need to be trained by humans, so they were hired to train it to recognise a real, solid trending news story.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.