Algorithms can’t automate our choices to watch 57,000 years of Adam Sandler films
Sandler's eight-movie deal with Netflix has made him the actor with the best return on investment
Since December 2015, Netflix viewers have watched 500 million hours, or just over 57,000 years of Adam Sandler movies. This includes The Ridiculous 6, which was launched in late 2015 and features Vanilla Ice playing Mark Twain. The movie was so regressive in its portrayal of Native Americans that a dozen of its cast walked off set. It has an almost unheard of zero-rating on movie review site Rotten Tomatoes, and yet it was the most popular Netflix original movie ever – yes, ever – when it launched. It’s still one of the most-viewed movies od all time.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.