AI on the front line in cyber-security war
Machine-learning algorithms are foiling hackers by watching their behaviour and adapting to their evolving tactics
Last year, Microsoft’s Azure security team detected suspicious activity in the cloud computing usage of a large retailer: one of the company’s administrators, who usually logs on from New York, was trying to gain entry from Romania. And no, the admin wasn’t on holiday. A hacker had broken in.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive