Family stake in Broderick’s slashed to 25%

State-backed investor BDO now holds remaining 75% of Dublin confectionery maker, following two years of steep trading losses

26th January, 2020
Family stake in Broderick’s slashed to 25%
The Broderick family’s 100 per cent ownership has been reduced to 25 per cent. Picture: Feargal Ward

The family behind Dublin confectionery maker Broderick’s has had its stake in the business slashed following two years of steep trading losses.

State-backed investor BDO Development Capital Fund moved to protect a €6.35 million investment after losses hit just over €4 million in 2018.

The Broderick family’s 100 per cent ownership has been reduced to 25 per cent, with the BDO-led fund holding the remaining 75 per cent. It was written into the company’s...

Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!

Currency

What's Included

With any subscription you will have access to

  • 971569B3-2C5E-4C45-B798-CEADE16987A8

    Unlimited multi-device access to our iPad, iPhone and Android Apps

  • 099C8662-C57C-42F2-9426-F2F90DF17C8F

    Unlimited access to our eReader library

  • 198AE43B-B9CF-4892-8769-D63C2104BA08

    Exclusive daily insight and opinion seven days a week

  • D8F37B78-25E4-4E4A-A376-4F5789B1564A

    Create alerts to never miss a subject that matters to you

  • B15F2521-37CD-4E02-B898-730A20D39F7F

    Get access to exclusive offers for subscribers on gifts and experiences

  • A564FE02-1AB8-4579-AF9D-BA32A2E5ACA7

    Get content from Business Post, Business Post Magazines, Connected, Tatler and Food & Wine

Share this post

Related Stories

Several buyers still in the market for Brown Thomas

Shops that sell cigarettes to minors face bans of up to a month

Shifting consumer habits spark a smart response

Empty shelves and queues for petrol: what is causing Britain’s supply chain crisis, and is Ireland next?