Yes, Hap is social housing
Harking back to the construction figures of the 1950s, an awful decade, is irrelevant
There is a disturbing narrative in Irish discourse, which goes like this (and I’m paraphrasing): “If the state doesn’t own a property, then the property can’t be considered social housing, and if that’s the case, it is both a dereliction of duty and a waste of money on the part of the state.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.