It’s time to give emotive language the bird
Calling PRS investors ‘cuckoos’ unfairly stigmatises a sector that is key to solving our housing crisis
From vultures to cuckoos to swallows, the language surrounding the property crisis has taken a rather bizarre turn in recent weeks. Before we find yet another feathered friend to blame for the problem, it might be timely to step back and assess exactly what is driving this agenda.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.