The misleading narrative of the greedy landlord
A tenant’s tragic tale tends to become the only ‘fact’ that matters, despite the many other issues at play
A common narrative, in particular among the often misguided political left in Ireland, is that landlords are fundamentally greedy and desirous of breaking the backs of the people they house in order to enrich themselves.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.