Ten plants to help banish the blues
Buying pots of bulbs in flower and having old reliables like snowdrops can give garden and gardener a lift in winter
The garden is not an appealing place to be on a cold and dull winter’s day, which can be frustrating for gardeners. Nevertheless, there are plants that are getting on with it, flowering and doing their thing. Having these plants in your garden will help keep the winter blues at bay until the real growth starts again.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive