A sustainable building trade
We need a sector that can deliver on large-scale projects like the NDP and cope with economic cycles
Some 270,000 people worked in construction in 2007. That figure had fallen to little more than 100,000 by 2013 when the last recession reached its lowest point. However, the tide is turning. Last month, it was announced 50,000 jobs have been created in the construction sector since the lowest point of the recession in 2013.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive