State needs to be less greedy on construction
About 40 per cent of the cost of a new home goes towards government costs and taxes. This needs to change
Changes to housing rules made today, frustratingly, won’t be seen for about two years because of the lag involved between introducing legislative amendments and the glacially slow process of enacting them.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.