The Camellia is a glossy addition to any Irish garden
From winter to spring, the flower offers an abundance of forms and colours
It’s Camellia season and when I think of Camellias, I’m reminded of a garden I visited in Florida a few years ago, Bok Tower Gardens. These gardens in Central Florida were created by editor and philanthropist Edward Bok who arrived in Brooklyn from Holland in 1870, aged six. He had a successful career in publishing as editor of The Ladies’ Home Journal, which in 1919 had a monthly circulation of two million copies. He is also credited as the first person to use the term ‘living room’.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive