Social housing is a total mess because we like it that way
If the state can’t manage the stock of housing it already owns, how will it do better by building more?
Social housing is a mess. When there was an abundance of it, the common bond that united its inhabitant communities – largely low incomes and high unemployment – fostered high levels of social discord. Now, with a more integrated view, there isn’t enough of it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive