Simplicity and elegance combined in historic home
The charming and grand Bearforest House has an interesting past, with plenty of potential for the future
As the saying goes, you can’t keep a good man down, and the same applies to a good house. Bearforest House got off to the best possible start. Named after Richard Beare, who had held the lands in this prosperous part of north County Cork since the early 1700s, it was built in 1807 for Robert Delacour, a benign banker (Delacour Bank, Mallow), a man of integrity, and an unpretentious individual to boot.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.