Sherry FitzGerald and the Varadkar factor
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is living in the same block as the auction apartment
A ‘Taoiseach factor’ may have helped to boost the price of a Castleknock apartment which sold at a Sherry FitzGerald auction last Wednesday for €284,000. Before the auction, Apartment 53, Rosehaven, Dublin 15, had been guiding €175,000, which auctioneer Des O’Malley concedes was below the going rate for three-bedroom properties in the area.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.