Restored Georgian home combines history and beauty in west Cork
Offered in turnkey condition, Glebe House is an elegant townhouse in a historic Georgian garden square. In 1775 the construction of Emmet Square in Clonakilty, Co Cork, heralded the rise of a new order – a wealthy merchant class that needed housing in a town that reflected their status. The wealth came from shipping, textiles, breweries and one of the most enduring of local products: country housewife Joanna O’Brien’s black puddings, which were hugely popular. Today, made to the same recipe, Clonakilty Black Pudding can be found in supermarkets across Ireland.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.