Relics of Babe Ruth and WB Yeats at rare book sale
A Cinderella story is the only way to describe the life and times of Babe Ruth, who makes a surprise appearance in Fonsie Mealy’s forthcoming sale. At the height of his fame in 1926 in New York, he presented Frank McGrath, manager of the visiting Tipperary hurling team, with an original Spalding B12 baseball bat, and a 10k gold shield-shaped medal commemorating the Ireland v USA game, at the Polo Grounds that year.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive