Prize specimens for sporting types at Bonhams
Leading Bonhams’ Sporting Sale in Edinburgh on May Day is the daddy of all trophies, a pair of giant Irish elk antlers, 224 x 126 x 87cm, expected to realise £26,000-£30,000. Some 2.6 million years ago, Megaloceros giganticus roamed across Europe, Africa and China, but most specimens have been unearthed in Ireland, their remains preserved in Irish peat bogs.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.