A priestly Galway residence steeped in history

A priestly Galway residence steeped in history View Gallery

The Old Parochial House in Rosscahill, Co Galway has earned a niche in both political and art history. Originally called the Presbytery, it was built in the last years of the 19th century for Father John Connolly, parish priest in Killannin from 1897 to 1921.

During the War of Independence, Connolly’s niece married Michael O’Droighnáin, leader of the East Connemara Brigade. Connolly gave the couple and their two young children refuge from the Black and Tans during...

Subscribe from just 1€

Exclusive offers

Choose the subscription that is right for you

Monthly Subscription

€1

For the first month

€19.99 Monthly Thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

Annual Subscription

€200€149

For the first year

€199.99 annually thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

Quarterly Subscription

€55€42

For the first 90 days

€55.00 quarterly Thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

These offers are not available for current subscribers. Offers and pricing are subject to change without notice.

Terms & Conditions Apply

Please Subscribe or Log in to continue

Subscribe Login

Related Articles

More from The Business Post