Karl Deeter: The prevailing anti-banker, pro-borrower narrative is avoiding the unpalatable truth
There is a misconception in much of the media that banks are bad and borrowers innocent bystanders
Recently, I gave a talk at a Housing Agency event on the topic of mortgage arrears. I thought it would be worthwhile discussing some of the points raised at it in this column.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.