Portraits of the lady of Carton House
If ever a woman deserved to have a luxury hotel suite named in her honour, it’s Lady Emily Mary, wife of James, 20th Earl of Kildare, who became the first Duke of Leinster. Anyone who has spent the night at Carton House in Co Kildare in the Lady Emily Suite (room to swing a tiger, a contemporary four-poster, and a bathroom to die for) must have wondered as to her history.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive