Poignant Kevin Barry letter in collection of revolutionary relics
Michael Collins is also represented by the iron roadside cross, moved from Beal na mBlath in 1926
Expected to fetch €20,000-€30,000, the leading lot in Sheppard’s history sale is the poignant letter written to Dr Denis Coffey by Kevin Barry on the eve of his execution. The final sentence reads “I will go to the gallows as an Irishman with love in my heart for a free Ireland, your student, Kevin Barry.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive