Pleasures of the flesh
Ali Rochford The minimal maintenance needed by succulents means that these fleshy beauties are back in fashion
Succulents, those fleshy leaved plants of various shapes and sizes, are becoming more popular these days. However, we have yet to see them reach the peaks of popularity that they have in the United States – in California in particular. Trendy, water-conscious gardeners there have an enormous range of the plants to choose from and have taken to collecting them. There is even a Succulent Cafe in the town of Oceanside, north of San Diego, where you can sip your coffee while admiring the succulent installations on the walls.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.