The perils and rewards of fast-track planning
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown leads the way in fast-track planning, with permission being sought for 1,604 units
Fast-track planning permission is currently being sought for as many as 1,604 residential units in the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown (DLR) County Council area. That’s almost double the total of 864 units currently being applied for in other parts of Dublin and the rest of the country combined under the fast-track Strategic Housing Development (SHD) planning application process.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.