Pension fund investors skip happily over buy-to-let tax hurdles
The key to turning a healthy profit as a landlord could be right under your nose
This year could be the best of times or the worst of times to invest in residential property. On the one hand, the Society of Chartered Surveyors is the latest to warn about the growing numbers of landlords who have exited the rental market. On the other hand, the banks recorded a 21 per cent increase in buy-to-let mortgages in October last year.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive