Panic to build may mean we overshoot on housing
The CSO has taken a crack at counting the new houses and, just like everyone else, they’ve got it wrong
The number of housing completions has long been a point of contention in Irish housing. Last week, the Central Statistics Office (CSO) announced that it was taking over counting them and, to nobody’s surprise, also let us know that the numbers had been wrong all along.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive