Old Ireland’s Islamic link
In light of the raging debate on the state of our health service, it is interesting to learn that medical scholarship in medieval Gaelic Ireland was on a par with that practised on the continent, and was the most outward-looking of all native branches of learning.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive