Object of desire & Auction results
In 1964, Karl Lagerfeld commissioned François-Xavier Lalanne to design a drawing desk to complement his Art Deco collection. His specific requirements included a movable tray, glass and metal containers for brushes and pencils, and a wide surface to prepare gouaches and watercolours. Lalanne added a light source so Lagerfeld could work at night. Bid for it at Sotheby’s Design sale, Paris, May 3; estimate €500,000-€700,000; see [email protected]
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive