New homes building surge in Kildare
Ireland’s largest commuter county offers attractively priced homes for first-time buyers, writes Tina-Marie O’Neill
Kildare is the capital’s largest commuter county, with a population well in excess of 222,500 (as of the last Census count), strong transport links, and an upsurge in new home building, driven by pent-up demand from buyers, many of whom are priced out of the Dublin market.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive