With a little bit of lateral thinking, we could have new city centre homes for €30k
We could solve our housing crisis if we are willing to stomach some trade-offs
Making the possible impossible is a talent only rarely found within the halls of incompetence. Even the most devout mismanagement can’t halt the obvious from happening. Yet that is precisely what our local authorities are doing across the country. How? Well, there are several ways, including through the planning process, through the application of regulations and by the frustratingly glacial pace at which they operate.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.