Landscapes and Luftwaffe raids lead de Vere’s latest sale
Sharply contrasting works by Paul Henry and Colin Middleton are sure to drum up plenty of interest
Surrealism leads at de Vere’s sale next week with Paysage des Rêves Mauvais, Colin Middleton’s prescient fantasy nightmare, 46×61cm (€50,000-€70,000). From the collection of George and Maura McClelland, it dates from 1940 when Germany had invaded France, prompting fears that Belfast could be the next Luftwaffe target. The following April, four bombing raids devastated the city.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive