Killing the cure won’t help anybody
Let’s intervene with assistance for those that need it, rather than a blanket move that does more damage to innocent parties
It seems there’s a political race on for parties and TDs to become the most interventionist policy-makers possible when it comes to the mortgage market. It’s like a biathlon, where the second event is to see how illogical you can be at the same time.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive