Jamming unsuitable buildings into Dublin’s historic streetscapes will crush the texture of the city. Human stories are as important as ‘new’and ‘shiny’ architecture
It is heartening that the Minister for Housing’s recent Urban Development and Building Height guidelines noted the importance of ensuring that developments should respect existing historical neighbourhoods and that historic environments are not insensitively impacted by large-scale and tall buildings.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.