Hostel in city centre snapped up for €1.8m
Colliers International has sold 38-39 Gardiner Street Upper in Dublin 1 for €1.8 million. The property comprises two adjoining mid-terrace, four-storey over basement Georgian buildings. It operated as a hostel and was laid out in 21 self-contained double bedroom units. The buildings were previously used as an ecclesiastical training centre and short-stay accommodation. All units are en suite and include a living room/kitchen. Some 12 of the units are let by way of monthly residential lease agreements. Eight units are reserved for Airbnb lettings, with occupancy rates of over 90 per cent.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.