Going with the flow
Ali Rochford Get set for summer in the garden, and hose down your water bills, by installing a rainwater harvesting system
With water charges looming on the horizon, now is a good time to think about installing a rainwater harvesting system for your garden.Of course, Murphy’s law might dictate that as soon as you install it, we will have the wettest summer on record. But even if this does happen, there is no denying our water system is under huge pressure. As gardeners, we should be doing what we can to ease this pressure, especially in summer, when reservoirs are under more strain due to parched lawns and dehydrated hanging baskets.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive