Gardening: Roses are red, yellow, pink, peach . . .
Ali Rochford: breeders have managed to grow roses in any colour you like – except one
‘I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck,” said Emma Goldman. Not the most likely quote from an anarchist, but one that gardeners can identify with. This most evocative of flowers deserves a place in every garden. With a huge variety of roses available now in garden centres, and even more bare root available by mail order, there is no better time to plant your own jewel garden.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive