Collectable contents for sale in Monaghan
The late married couple, Ernie and May McPhillips didn’t smoke, drink or go out on the town – their passion was collecting and this weekend the entire contents of their modest Monaghan town home will go under the hammer in Matthews’ two-day sale on the premises. Nine hundred lots comprise antique furniture, paintings, sculpture, silver, fine china, books, cut crystal, Persian carpets, gold and diamond jewellery, collectables and household goods, estimates €20,000–€60,000; see matthewsauctionrooms.com.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive