Co-living could solve the housing pickle for our ageing population
Many older people don’t want to downsize, but there is a best-of-both-worlds solution out there
Last month, the government released a policy statement entitled Housing Options For Our Ageing Population. Junior health minister Jim Daly and junior housing minister Damien English are, apparently, exploring options to “incentivise older people in public and private housing to right-size to appropriately sized units if they choose to do so”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.